These are the rules in their most basic form. By joining and playing on this Space Engineers server, you agree to comply with these policies.
You may download a printable copy of the rules for your convenience.
No Cheating #
Non-compliance with these policies will result in an immediate and permanent ban from our Discord and game servers.
No third-party tools, in-game builds (clang drives), scripts or modifications are allowed that alter game physics, access permissions or visuals to provide an unfair gameplay advantage or intentionally cause performance issues with the server or other players. If you have any questions or concerns about an in-game script, check with the staff on our Discord server.
If a bug or gameplay exploit is discovered in-game, report it to staff on our Discord server.
Denial-of-Service and other Internet and network attacks WILL be resisted and reported to your ISPs and law enforcement.
Account Sharing #
Do not share your Steam or Discord account with anyone else. YOU will be held responsible for any rule breaking done on your account.
We define chat spam as various actions in ANY in-game or Discord channel or Private Message on the server, including but not limited to:
- Pasting links or text repeatedly.
- Any actions that result in messages being repeatedly posted to chat, such as Death message spamming or repeated login/logouts.
- Keyboard mashing.
- Advertising any other game or Discord server without checking first with a staff member.
Chat spamming will result in mute, kick, or ban where appropriate depending on the severity.
Abusive language directed at the server, its staff, or its players will get you banned and reported to the Discord Safety team. You can swear but do it in moderation.
If another player tells you to stop, use your best judgement and respect their wishes. Comply if a staff member tells you to stop doing something.
No Griefing or Stealing #
Since PvP is part of normal Space Engineers gameplay, griefing and stealing have specific definitions on our Space Engineers game server.
- Stealing: Do not take any grids or items from faction or allied-faction players without the owner’s permission, EVEN if containers are set to “Share with All”.
- Block or entity placement/breaking on faction or allied-faction players’ grids without the owner’s permission.
- Proposing faction peace relationships with the intent to cause theft or damage to the target faction is not acceptable behavior. If you intend to engage in PvP, do not establish a peace relationship with the target faction. Declare War first if you are already in a peace relationship.
- If you accidentally damage something belonging to another player or faction, it is recommended to let the owner or faction know as soon as possible to prevent a misunderstanding.
Faction Best Practices #
This section provides more general guidelines and recommendations than rules. These are designed to help prevent unintentional conflict between players. Faction leaders are ultimately responsible for the behavior of their members, and their relationships to other factions.
- Please pay attention to who you accept into your faction. Your “Accept Everyone” checkbox should be turned off.
- Note which factions you extend peace agreements to. Your “Accept Peace” checkbox should also be turned off.
- If you are leaving or changing factions, make sure you know where all your grids are located, just in case nearby neutral guns become hostile and your grids are damaged.
- If you establish a peace relationship with another faction, it is recommended that you have a conversation with the other faction leader and have an understanding between your factions on acceptable behavior.
Server Cleanup and Performance Information #
Server grid and floating object removal is performed on a regular interval without warning, affecting the following:
- Floating objects.
- Must have a beacon on created grid does not need to be built just placed.
- Grids owned by Nobody, NPC factions, banned players, or any player inactive for 90 days.
- Unpowered grids under 20 blocks.
- Grids with default naming (i.e., Small Grid 1234).
- The best way to avoid being affected by Trash Cleanup is to name all your grids with some convention (something other than Small Grid 1234).
- The convention you choose is up to you. Having a consistent naming scheme can allow staff to help find and troubleshoot lost grids for you.
- You can review your owned grids in your player Info tab.
Access to Scripting #
Access to Scripting on this server requires the Scripter role, which may only be granted by a staff member at their discretion. Scripter role may be revoked at any time without warning if rules are violated. Intentional usage of scripts to harm server performance will result in an immediate ban.
Players will undergo a probationary period of indeterminate length before scripter role requests are considered.
- Active Discord participation is required.
- Voting for our server ( not required but we look at this)
- Players must be on the server for a minimum of two weeks.
Known Good Scripts #
The following scripts have been tested successfully on this server, and we recommend their use:
- Automatic LCDs 2
- Blarg’s Ascent Cruise Control
- Block Naming Made Easy
- Isy’s Docked Ships Info
- Isy’s Inventory Manager (with default or lower scan settings only)
- Isy’s Simple Doors
- Isy’s Solar Alignment
- Whip’s Artificial Horizon Redux
Scripts to Avoid #
This list is not exhaustive, but examples of performance-intensive scripts to avoid include some of the following. Avoid any script that has known performance impacts on dedicated server, particularly anything having to do with radar/lidar/raycasting/clang drives. Contact an admin on Discord if you have any questions or doubts about a script you would like to use.
- Lidar Mapping Script
- Raycast Lidar
- Ship Layout
- SIMPL | Ship Integrity Monitoring Program Lite
- Whip’s Turret Based Radar
Usage Best Practices #
Our server runs a script every restart and every 5 hours. All programmable blocks and anything that has server impact Odin clean up will turn off anything that is not a standard block, Please if you leave the server turn off your own none essential blocks. Only scripts published on the Steam workshop may be used. If the server sim speed drops when your script is active, you must stop and unload that script. Please notify an admin which script caused a problem so the list can be updated.
Our server users a software by Casmir and it allows for connected worlds we host 6 instances the Nordic gods and theme is what we strive to go for here at TROA
World names #
Lobby – Main point of entry for the server
Aether – This location is the deep vase of space and is home to our center planet REACH ( EYE OF ODIN) with a radius of 1000KM this is a massive planet and will obliterate your ship be careful in this world reavers are looking for you.
Asgard – Welcome to the earth realm you will have the easy setup and start building your faction
Niflheim – This realm is all water worlds and yes you can build boat here
Loki – The realm of chaos
Thor – The realm of the Gods
These are the in game commands. Access them by pressing enter and type:
- !hangar save – Saves the grid to the hangar.
- !hangar list – Check currently saved grids in the hangar.
- !hangar load – Load the desired grid.
- !hangar help – Read about the hangar commands.
- !fixship – Reload the ship, type it twice while looking at the grid.
- !convert – Convert the grid to a station in 0 gravity, type it while looking at grid.
- !donate – Link to donate.
- !vote – Vote for our server.
- !reward – Get the reward after voting
- !discord – Join the discord server.
- !longhelp – Read about available commands.